Saturday, July 16, 2011

Paleo "Crack" Granola

Steve's Club makes a really good Paleo Crunch cereal.  I decided that I could make my own better version to serve a granola or cereal substitute.  It is a great snack to grab and go.  For those of you that still drink almond or coconut milk it is great on top.  I have made this about 10 times now and I constantly keep tweaking the recipe,  It gets better and better every time!  I have to warn you it is hard to eat just a little bit.  So I would carefully measure out serving sizes.  Also I never measure anything when I make this so you will have to excuse my guesstimates.  :)






Paleo "Crack" Granola 

Ingredients 

  • 1 Cup raw chopped Pecan Pieces 
  • 1 Cup walnut halves and pieces 
  • 1 Cup raw almond pieces 
  • 3/4 cup almond meal  
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 
  • 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice or to taste
  • 1 tbs pure vanilla
  • about 2 tbs honey or (coconut nectar or both depending on how sweet you prefer)
  • 1/2-3/4 cup coconut oil (enough to cover mixture)
whatever unsweetened dried fruit you prefer such as dried apples, cherries, apricots, pears, etc 

Directions 

  1. Preheat oven to 275 
  2. In a bowl mix together all ingredients except dried fruit which you will add at the end to baked mixture. 
  3. spread over a baking sheet covered in wax paper.  
  4. You will bake for anywhere from 20-30 mins depending on oven.  I would use a spatula to mix around sheet occasionally.  You will know it is done when mixture starts to lightly brown. 


Directions 

No comments:

Post a Comment