Monday, November 7, 2011

WEEK 2 Paleo Detox......Hang In there!

Okay so you survived the first week of the detox.  Or should I say some of you survived just barely, some fell off the wagon, and some feel completely better and are realizing why Paleo is great.  If you really did cut out most all of your sugar you should notice that your body is not craving as many carbs.  It should have switched to craving fats a bit more.  My sweet tooth is gone!!!  Let me just tell you that before 11:30 today I ate more fat than most people eat in 1 day.  I felt slightly disgusted with myself even LOL!!

I know that this week you can start to add fruit and sweet potatoes back in every other day, but I advise you to take it easy.  You should still be getting most of your carbohydrates from Veggies.  If you are sick of eating a particular kind of vegetable, try something new this week.  Someone juiced a few different types of veggies for me with half an apple to try and it was a small piece of HEAVEN!!!  I just crammed like 3-4 blocks of carbs in one drink.  In fact in almost inspired me to go on a craze of juicing everything.

 Some Survival Pointers

  1. You should start to feel better this week by adding back in more dense carbs.  If you are struggling after workouts might I suggest eating a sweet potato or drinking a coconut water.  Both are known to help with Recovery.
  2. If you still have a sweet tooth fool yourself with sweeter things like, MeeNut Butter, Cooking in Coconut Oil, macadamia nuts, pecans, coconut butter, cashew butter etc.
  3. Drink a ton of water.  It is easy to not drink water but when hydrated your body works better and also makes you feel less hungry.  Add a splash of lemon, orange, or mint to naturally flavor your water. 
  4. Make sure you are balancing your meals and snacks to try to include a fat, protein, and carb.   Or at least a fat and a protein.  
  5. Prepare!!! It is easier to make the right choice if you have stuff on hand easy to grab.  The biggest excuse I get is I didn't have access to eat paleo so I cheated.  That is BS!!
  6. If you need to eat out pretty much any restaurants can be made Paleo. Example would be Chipotle Salad Bowl with no rice no beans, add meat veggies, salsa, and guacamole.  Can also always order a grilled piece of Protein anywhere and add a side of veggies.  In'N'Out you you can order a protein style patty which is better than not eating.  


Keep Up the Good Work Guys!!!!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment